Honor Cross Documents - Real or Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honor Cross Documents - Real or Fake?

These documents were added to my humble collection some years ago.
    I purchased a set of 3 Honor Crosses and these were included in the small bargain price.

I am not so familiar with German militaria, and my question is whether these documents are real or fake?? All comments welcome. Note that I added the watermarks.

I look forward to your replies (and hope for the best )

Cheers,

David R. Clark

Manufacturer Markings

I forgot to ask if the markings on the medals have any major significance??
    (who are the manufacturers?)

Comment

Hmm, they appear to be okay, might be better to ask in a) the Imperial Forum or b) the documents forum.
      I'm not aware of these being faked, they are extremely common and don't bring much money typically.

Hank
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hi David,

Welcome! I've had a few of the Ehrenkreuz documents, and I think these are all OK. Some of mine have had the recipient's occupation/name/location hand-written, but I do think yours are good.

We've had threads in the past about maker's marks on the crosses, but I couldn't locate them. If you post or describe the specific marks in question, I imagine someone here can tell you the makers.

Best,
        Greg

P.S. Just saw your thread in the Paper Items forum with the cross photos - I've had ones like the FEK and the Kriegsteilnehmerkruez, but I'll have to look them up at home. Firms in L******252;denscheid; I just don't remember which ones. The 0.16 on the Eltern cross probably represents one of a number of companies in a work association or cooperative that produced the medals while one agency marketed them.
        Last edited by Greg; 04-11-2006, 09:30 AM.
        sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
        www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Any info on the stamps??

Any info on the stamps??

D.C.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X