Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges 1914-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges 1914-18

Has anyone ever seen the 1914-18 Cross of Honour for Next of Kin mounted in a group, or as part of a ribbon bar?

Did it have the same order of precedence as the crosses for Combatants and Non-Combatants?

Just interested.

James

we talked about this very subject about a month ago in Imperial.
    Technically they weren't allowed, but we have seen groups since @1990 that had them. There is an EK no swords and a next of kin cross 2 bar on EBAY.de at the moment.
    There is also some photographic evidence that thes may have been worn by a few persons. I have a photo of a crowd of police/soldiers/party officials at an airport obviously awaiting the arrival of somebody wichtig and I swear there's an elderly Polezei Lt. with both on his bar. I am having trouble blowing up the snap so that it remains viewable however. Look over in the archives.
    Cheers,
    JeMc

Comment

Thanks Jeff,

I have a really nice single mounted one, but the reason I asked was that I saw one mounted as a pair with a NSDAP 25 years service cross (which was mounted first), which raised more than one question in my mind.....

Regards,

James

Comment

Can't have an NSDAP 25 without the 15 and 10-- never alone.

I've seen many groups with the Next of Kin to a father, and had an entire mint parade mounted set (ribbon bar, lapel bow the whole range of options) years ago and (doh!!) sold it.

Since the only MALE who could wear one was the father of a dead WW1 soldier, that puts restrictions upon the age of such a recipient and awards would have to make sense for someone born no later than the mid-1870s at latest.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X