Rare Medal help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare Medal help

I wasn't sure where to post this, so if you have to move it please do. I wanted to share this and see if I can get more info on it.It is about the size of a Us half dollar. It is die-struck with a mark of Sachs Munze 999f on the outer rim. Roughly translated it says"Every thousand of years may go by-still nobody will ever be able to speak of heroism without memory of German Army of the Great war". I believe it has something to do with the announcement of 16-3-35 that Germany was reintroducing conscription with the aim of creating a peacetime army of 35 divisions and repudiation of the Treaty of Versailles. Any info would be appreciated. I have not seen another one, so share if you have one.

Could be some sort of patriotic remembrance coin for WW1 – the Great War.

Comment

Rare Medal

This medal references the great war because they have not been through the next one yet.The helmet decal is that with a swastika on it . It has so much detail that the breast eagle shows the swastika. I explained part of what happened on that date and it has nothing to do with WW1 other than a reference.

Comment

No need to get shirty, I was only trying to help. The point that I make is 16th March is National Day of Mourning, Heroes Remembrance Day and the Day of Return to National Sovereignty. All with patriotic solidarity and observance to the Great War, of 1914 – 1918.

heroism without memory of German Army of the Great war
        This is speaking in past tense, not future.

You can see the M-16 helmets in the background, kind of like meshing the past with the present to rebuild German’s honour and military strength.

Comment

Medal

Dez ,
          I apologize, I had an all together bad day and no kids or wife around today to take it out on ! I think I can figure out what "shirty" is. I appreciate the info and am looking for more. Thanks again, Mitch

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X