Ostvolk ribbon bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ostvolk ribbon bar

Here's one of my recent additions. The ribbon used as backing is either grey or very faded light blue.
    Attached Files

Could be. Used to be little bars were safe, but not any more.

Have you blacklighted it?

And if the white stripes pass that hurdle, is the last ribbon the same material (WW2 synthetic) as the first two... or older silk, and thus a Saxon Albert Order that has been monkeyed with?

I live in hope, but things are SO bad these days, Third Reich stuff makes even me twitchy.

Comment

Rick,

No problem with the UV test.

I could feel no difference in the ribbons. Running my finger-tip very lightly across all three, there is a very slight roughness which kind of catches your finger as you go laterally.

Here is as big a magnification as I could get without distortion - I think you can see that the weave and weft (I think that's the word) are the same on the Ostmedaille and the final ribbon. Note especially the up-and-down weave of the more obvious lateral lines which I think cause the slight feeling of roughness.

By the way, in case it's not clear on the original scan, the swords are the silver pressed-metal type.

James
      Attached Files

Comment

Hooray! I think you've got one for the Ribbon Bar Article Part Deux, then!

I have seen soooo many of these made out of either repro ribbons or old Alberts that they make me twitch!

Congratulations!!!!

Comment

Very nice! Good ribbon bar and nice find!

Erich Craciun

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X