Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: What is this?

HI all,

I'm one of the moderators over at the Wehrmacht DDR (East German) Forum, and know absolutely nothing about Wehrmacht memorabilia, and therefore unexpectedlyfind myself having to infringe upon your time and expertise about a small item of interest, when I know you guys are involved in more important matters. Sorry for that.

One of my Dad's brother's recently passed away. He served in the U.S. military during WWII. His immediate family recently went through his personal effects, of which most were relegated to his service to his country. However, an unexpected find was a small box, which had in it, a German Luger and some other memorabilia, of which one was a cross.

I know nothing of these matters, and therefore could only pass on to them that the inscription on the reverse when translated read: For Faithful Service". Otherwise, I could add nothing further.

Could you on this forum please tell me more?

Thanks.

Also, I apologize for the quality of the two photos, which are front and back. They are not of the best quality, but I did not take them.

Here then are the pics:
    Attached Files
    Michael D. GALLAGHER

M60-A2 Tank Commander Cold War proverb: “You can accomplish more with a kind word and a ‘Shillelagh’ than you can with just a kind word.”

What is this?

Medal Reverse:
    Attached Files
    Michael D. GALLAGHER

M60-A2 Tank Commander Cold War proverb: “You can accomplish more with a kind word and a ‘Shillelagh’ than you can with just a kind word.”

Comment

That award is for 25 years of civil long service. It is a commonly encountered civil award. You could probably search the forums with terms like "civil long service", "25 civil LS" etc. to find more info. Here is this medal for sale on a major dealer site:

http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPa...dals/m223b.htm
      Last edited by CWP; 03-07-2006, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Thank you.

My apologies for posting in the incorrect forum, but I had no idea what it was, other than a cross.

Again, thanks for the information.
        Michael D. GALLAGHER

Comment

value

Hello,

Yes, just a standard cross, in the lowest grade of three. They don't really have any value, but yours does at it came from somebody that you know.......the real haul was that pistol.

Hope this helps.

William Kramer
          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

The P08 (Luger) will be of interest to many collectors.

Regards ...

Comment

Your uncles US Army effects are of interest as well. Did his uniform survive the passage of time? What unit was he in?

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X