Rettungsmedaille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rettungsmedaille

Some time ago there was a thread discussing the possible colours for the ribbons of the Rettungsmedaille (Life Saving Medal) against the Deutsche Schutzwall Ehrenzeichen (West Wall Medal)...I was originally going to post this on that thread, however I can not find it!!!!
    Below is a scan in sepia and black and white of a "Leutnant und Adjutant" wearing the Life Saving ribbon.........

Thanks Detlev!

/Ian
    Last edited by Ian Jewison; 11-25-2002, 04:01 PM.
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Agh, I can't find it either! I thought it was in the Wehrpass Forum, since I recall the photo and entry pages.

The one in this photo actually looks like a Red Cross/Volksplflege award, since the edges don't show at all! I'm surprised he wore it as a single ribbon bar, which could easily be mistaken for a mere Westwall medal ribbon, rather than from the second buttonhole, where Lifesaving Medals were authorized for wear too.

For color comparisons, see the "Confusing Ribbons" section of the Ribbon Bar Article on the non-Forums side of this website.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X