Help please with some spanges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please with some spanges

Hi guys. Really hope to get some help here. Got set of 1er spanges along with ones i needed I have received few i have problems in identifying.
    here is the picture:
    Attached Files

I think you are correct on your guesses. No 3 is long service of some kind I would say. Ribbon bars aren’t my thing,so wait for an adult if you want definitive answer.

Comment

Like Leigh said, you're on the mark with all your guesses. The most likely distinction that bar No. 3 represents is the Long Service Award for 8 Years of Service in the Police since there are no other awards represented on the bar.

A plain blue ribbon like this without a device could actually represent seven (7) different service awards: the Police 8-Year Service Medal (as mentioned already,) the Prussian Long Service Award 1st Class for 15 Years, the Prussian Long Service Award 2nd Class for 12 Years, the Prussian Long Service Award 3rd Class for 9 Years, the Prussian Landwehr Long Service Cross 1st Class for 20 Years, the Prussian Landwehr Long Service Award 2nd Class, the Prussian Officer's Long Service Cross for 25 Years, and the RAD Long Service awards.

Last edited by Gardereiter; 09-09-2020, 11:51 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Gardereiter;n11757287...

A plain blue ribbon like this without a device could actually represent seven (7) different service awards: the Police 8-Year Service Medal (as mentioned already,) the Prussian Long Service Award 1st Class for 15 Years, the Prussian Long Service Award 2nd Class for 12 Years, the Prussian Long Service Award 3rd Class for 9 Years, the Prussian Landwehr Long Service Cross 1st Class for 20 Years, the Prussian Landwehr Long Service Award 2nd Class, and the Prussian Officer's Long Service Cross for 25 Years
        /QUOTE]

Thanks a lot. I have noticed that quite a few awards have exactly the ssame plain blue ribbon, i thought there could be some subtle differences in fabric appearance.
        Anyway thanks again for clarification!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X