Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polizei 18 year box

Hello,

I've bought this beauty from the E stand, very happy with it, makes the set complete now.

But the box is a little bit damaged, question is, should I try to fix it? and so yes, how can I do that best? Try to glue it?

Best regards
    Sake IMG_20200819_134940.jpg IMG_20200819_133353.jpg IMG_20200819_134957.jpg

Originally posted by SvdM View Post
    question is, should I try to fix it? and so yes, how can I do that best? Try to glue it ?
    Only you can decide that. Once you accept that it is a) yours and b) never going to be a 100% as new box then you can chose whether to 'mess with it' or leave it as 'damaged'. Personally I would be inclined to try some strong tape applied to the inside corners and edges where you can.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post

Personally I would be inclined to try some strong tape applied to the inside corners and edges where you can.

Ian
      Thanks Ian, i think I'm gonna try that, if I do nothing it sure won't get any better! Or I put in in a safe and never touch it again

Comment

If you want it repaired, send it to me. I have done 100's of case repairs over the years. NO TAPE in any case. Tape is the ruination of award cases.

Tom

Comment

BTW, this would be an easy repair in its present state.

Comment

Originally posted by tgn View Post
            If you want it repaired, send it to me. I have done 100's of case repairs over the years. NO TAPE in any case. Tape is the ruination of award cases.

Tom
            To bad you live on the other side of the world. It would take for ever to get the box with you, if it even arrive. So that's unfortunately not really a option I think.

I will use no tape in the box, I'm gonna leave it as it is for now. Thanks!

Sake

Comment

Originally posted by tgn View Post

Tom
              Out of curiosity, do you have any before and after pictures of your case restoration work?

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X