Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KVM restoration

Hello,
    I just picked up five of these from an old collection. All are in good shape but this one has this black spot on the reverse. Not sure what caused it but wanted to see if anyone knew something that could clean it off without removing any of the original finish underneath. Or should I just leave it alone and seal it in an airtight bag?
    Thank you,
    Dale
    Attached Files

I guess I’ll just leave it like this.

Comment

Dont restore. This wont get any worse during your lifetime.

Comment

Diky moc! I'll leave it as is.

Comment

Short of a really abrasive approach ... like a buffing wheel or a full-on chemical assault I can't see a way of recovering it back to anywhere even near it's former glory. Personally I would treat it as a scar from it's almost 80 year existence.

Take care, Ian.

Comment

The mark is part of it’s history - leave it as it is.

Comment

No, I’m going to ignore all of y’alls’ advice and steel wool it, then spray paint it gold, and sell it on the estand. And the story will be that I got it from a veteran who liberated it from a drawerful of Eva Braun’s panties. Unfortunately he already sold all of her bloomers to a dealer years ago but saved the best for last - this KVM in Gold, bestowed upon Eva as a wedding gift from her loving husband. It ought to bring an easy $1,000 since it’ll be one of those infamous “self-authenticating” artifacts.

Sorry fellows, I should never reply to anything before my first cup of coffee kicks in. The KVM shall remain as it is, scars and all.
              Dale

Comment

It would be interesting to know if there WAS such a miracle cure though

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X