CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Belsen concentration camp medal group captured Canada RCAF Panzer badge eagles Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belsen concentration camp medal group captured Canada RCAF Panzer badge eagles Help!

Hello!

(Apologies if this is the wrong category, posted here since it said General Awards and there are General badges/awards in the grouping)

This is a Royal Canadian Air Force grouping with Veterans medals, photos + other personal items/ephemera. The Veteran appears to have been in Germany + have liberated/visited the Belsen concentration camp (Warning- some of the photos are graphic/disturbing). He collected/captured/traded a large variety of German items, including a shield, medals, eagles, party pin, cloth N.S.K.K. patch and other cloth patches (one patch has a sticker on the reverse), a large desk/wall eagle (sadly the wing was damaged right before I got to pick it up!)

Are the photos of historical importance and unpublished, and is there a good area to donate/forward to a historian? Are any of the eagles/ badges rare? What type is the large metal eagle?
    Thank you and look forward to hearing your comments!

Part 2 of 3 photos:

Comment

Part 3 of 3:

Thank you for looking and your help!

Comment

Sorry, I’m no expert on the badges/insignia, but the photos would be worth posting in more detail. There are some clearly showing the carnage in Normandy, e.g. St Lo and the Falaise Pocket.

Michael

Comment

Hello,

A very nice collection of items. Thanks for posting them. Everything certainly looks genuine. I don’t see anything rare, but nice items all the same. I really like the R.K. Panzer Assault Badge.

Best regards,
          Tom
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

I'm with Tom. Nothing too rare and unfortunately some broken, but the RK badge is my favorite of the group. Looks like it has most of the original chrome like finish left to it.
            Dale

Comment

Thank you guys for all the help! Will try to scan the photos at some point in hi definition to share

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X