Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memel Ribbon - Authentic?

Hello Kameraden!

What are your thoughts on this ribbon? It's the only picture I have.

Thank you!

It looks correct but slightly narrow ?

Ian

Comment

It looks to me like one I have that I've posted before. No real red flags, but Antonio had come across them before. I bought mine from eBay - it was cheap and not pretending to be real. When I asked the guy said it came from a factory in Russia or something like that...I'll have to look it up and I"ll post a link to mine. At the time I seem to remember Antonio could tell the difference but I couldn't. But then I always struggle with ribbons and usually Ian sorts me out

Comment

Ok I found that old thread:

https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...1-memel-ribbon

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

I dont have a problem with your Memel ribbon either.

I've seen these in 15mm, 25mm, 30mm and 35mm widths so there are variations to suit different applications. No expert but the edges & colours on yours correspond to what I would expect to see on originals. Attached in the top row are 35mm ribbon pinback mount, 30mm single drapery mount with corresponding 25mm ribbon bar, and 30mm unmounted Memel with ribbon. Below are 2 lenghts of 30mm fake ribbon that I got taken by...note the straight edges on the copies.

To Steve's point maybe there is a super dooper perfect repro memel ribbon out there (I might even have some!) with the correct edges etc.that you can only detect as a result of extensive sophisticated forenzic analysis but if its that good I wouldnt loose any sleep over it

Best

JC
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X