Medal Bar

I would like to ask your opinions on this medal bar, thanks. Ralph
    Attached Files

Looks OK,...worn out, but nice

Comment

Looks fine.

Wayne

Comment

The precedence is wrong of course but the Godet features are correct ... hinge and backing cloth.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
          The precedence is wrong of course but the Godet features are correct ... hinge and backing cloth.

Ian
          Thanks for your response. By the precedence being wrong is this the order the medals are in ? Thanks, Ralph

Comment

For a "Godet" piece, this is a bit of a mess. I doubt it left the shop like that!

The order of medals is incorrect as stated, but note too that the ribbons are not overlapped correctly. Further, it appears the 4 Year Medal is sitting 'on-top' of the other ribbons. My guess would be this has been badly restored or made up of original parts to deceive.

Kind regards,
            Pierce

Comment

Thanks for your opinions, now I know this one has been messed with. Ralph

Comment

Agree w/ Pierce. The backing cloth/tag is correct for Godet; but the folds are messy; Ost medal ribbon reversed like a frack bar & overlapped by the wrong position service medal.

Comment

Hi Ralph,

I also agree with Pierce. Something is seriously wrong here. The mounting hardware, backing cloth, and label are correct for Gebrüder Godet & Co. but that is where it ends. The workmanship is sub-par and those ribbon rosettes are definitely not the work of Godet.

Best regards,
                  Tom
                  Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Something that I've had in my collection for 35 years. It came from a Veteran, and believe it was a 20 dollar item, so no big deal.

Comment

Definitely post war assembly due to above mentioned. Pity!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X