SS 8 service award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS 8 service award

I am looking for opinions on this particular medal. The patina doesn't inspire confidence and I'm looking for information on tell tales of the replicas vs. originals for the 8 year medal.
    Attached Files

You are right, it is a fake medal.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
    - THE SS TK RING
    - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
    - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
    - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Lots of things wrong with this medal but the biggest clues, for me, indicating this type of fake are in the wreath surrounding the runes and the runes themselves. The artificial aging on this example is particularly bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert J.D. View Post
        Lots of things wrong with this medal but the biggest clues, for me, indicating this type of fake are in the wreath surrounding the runes and the runes themselves. The artificial aging on this example is particularly bad...
        That was my take as well but I am always scared to discard some odd variation unbeknownst to myself. For the wreath, lack of detailing? I am waiting for my membership to renew so I can research it further. I try to use every fakes I find as an education piece for the next one that comes along.

Comment

The wreath is overly thick In general and the pointy edges between the leaves are too prominent, if that makes any sense.

Robert

Comment

I agree it is a copy. Cliff

Comment

Hello everyone while on the subject of these were they always constructed of bronze or were some in fine brass?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X