A Few More Ribbon Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JasonA View Post
    More nice bars, Ian, and a good array of awards! You’ve scored a lot of bars lately; cabinet drawers filling up fast!!!

Congrats.

Cheers mate

There seem to be a few collections being liquidated at good prices so it seems rude not to.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by HPL2008 View Post
      It's the first-type Erinnerungskreuz [Commemorative Cross] of the Reichsbund Deutscher Eisenbahner-Kriegsteilnehmer 1914-18 e.V. (an association of railway personnel who had participated in WW I).
      Would this particular medal have been considered one of the "vanity" medals after the regulations changes, or would this have been authorized for wear? I'm guessing no.

Thanks!

James

Comment

Originally posted by Sevrin View Post
        Would this particular medal have been considered one of the "vanity" medals after the regulations changes, or would this have been authorized for wear? I'm guessing no.
        it was of an unofficial nature. None of the three awards on this bar were authorized for wear after 1934.

Comment

Thanks HPL,

Figured so. Considered slight chance since it was connected to the rail service, might be different, but I suppose since it was produced like the others by an "association" that would disqualify it.

James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X