No announcement yet.

do someone have the information about the badge named war order of german cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do someone have the information about the badge named war order of german cross

i haven't heard of it.could some expert help me?

It doesn't get much more expert than this: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/germ...cross_main.htm

George
    George

Comment

i have searched the information in our website,but i found nothing

Comment

War order of the german cross

Hey Reichsrommel,

The 'war order of the german cross' is the official term of the 'German cross in Gold or Silver'. The idea for this decoration came from Großadmiral Reader. He supposed in an audiance on 26.01.1940 in front of Hitler a new decoration between the iron cross an the knight cross for succesfull U-boat-commanders. With the 28.09.1941 the new decoration was issued. In the OKM/MPA (Oberkommando der Kriegsmarine/Marinepersonalamt) Nr. 677 you can read:

" Zur Anerkennung vielfacher außergewöhnlicher Tapferkeits- oder Führungstaten stifte ich den

Kriegsorden des Deutschen Kreuzes

Er wird in folgender Ausführung verliehen:

das Deutsche Kreuz in Gold
        das Deutsche Kreuz in Silber

the complete Text is in the book: Die Auszeichnungen der Kriegsmarine 1939 - 1945 from Patzwall

greetings Walle

Comment

thx a lot!but do u have some pics?

Comment

Pics

Hey Reichsrommel,

unfortunatly i'am not able to post pics, but i try to send you a pm with a scan of the pages of the book

greetings walle

Comment

thx a lot!

Comment

Hello

Reichsrommel everything you need to know is on the website wehrmacht awards. Yeh right this one.
                So please follow George Stimson link. Read it and afterwards you'll be an expert

Greetings
                Nick

Comment

Hello

As stated above please follow the link provided by George to the main Wehrmacht Awards website and spend an hour or so reading the excellent article. Also up the top right hand corner of the forum screen is a search button, if you type in German Cross in Gold or German Cross in Silver you will discover a wealth of previous posts complete with pictures, you can learn much from these posts. If you are considering purchasing one, don’t hesitate to ask questions or post some pictures over on the Crosses of the Wehrmacht forum.

Regards
                  Dez

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X