Need Identification PLZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Identification PLZ

I have had this Badge, Button or what ever it is for about 15 of so years, as far as I know it was aquired by my Grandfather a British NCO Medic in WWII. He was stationed in France, North Africa, Italy etc, so where he got his hands on it i'm not sure. These pictures are not its real size, it is about 4cm wide, any help would be great.
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Desktop\Pict0005.JPG[/IMG]

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Desktop\Pict0004.JPG[/IMG]

P.S. - You guys have some great stuff here....

Damn sorry looks like like I don't have any rights to attach pictures.....

Comment

pictures

Hello,

First off al let me say welcome towards you and hopefully you wil enjoy your stay here => feel free to send the pictures towards me in the meantime ( e-mail : theodorscherer@hotmail.com ) , I wil post them for you and lets get the discussion started

Cordial Greetings,
      my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Need Identification PLZ II

I have had this Badge, Button or what ever it is for about 15 of so years, as far as I know it was aquired by my Grandfather a British NCO Medic in WWII. He was stationed in France, North Africa, Italy etc, so where he got his hands on it i'm not sure. These pictures are not its real size, it is about 4cm wide, any help would be great.

Thanks for all the help, & thanks to "Stijn David" for the offer to host pictures. I hope I have it all done this time..THX

Colonel Hogan

Comment

Hi, I am fairly sure that the badge is British in origin and most likley dates from the Victorian or Edwardian era where the swastika was often found on jewellery as a good luck symbol. The silver hallmarks on the back certainly look English? The lion is a well known Brit hallmark. I could not make out the rest? Here is a link to Brit hallmarks:
          http://www.collectiques.net/hallmarks/
          I also have one or two "sweetheart" items in mine and Lez's British collection which have the same mother of pearl backing disc.
          Hope this helps you? And welcome to the forum!
          Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Adrian Is right... It is English silver, from what I can see from the markings, It was made in Chester, around the 1860's.
            It is not a badge, though, but a button, probably from a handbag or a very ornate jacket... I think we look at screwback awards too much...

Hope this helps.... Regards...John
            Warmest Regards ... John

cimilitaria.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X