Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maker mark known ?

Hello,

Togheter with the Italo / German medal I received the the little ribbon on a single ribbon bar, on the reverse of this steel piece there is a maker mark, namely : Tz within a circle ?

Is there anyone who can identify this maker mark ? or give more info about it ?

Cordial greetings,
    my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Hi Stijn
    I have never heard of it until today. Would it be a Italian maker mark ? I don't know it these ones manufactured this medal ?
    Regards
    Denis

Comment

german manufacture

Hello Denis,

It is a typical German manufactured single ribbon ( italo / German campaign medal ) bar => and I think the mark stands for a German manufacture , I wil try to post some pictures later on .

Cordial Greetings,

Comment

Dear Stijn,

I am also sure it must be a German maker, as I have seen many of that kind with different Third Reich ribbons. Here is one Ostmedaille I have of this maker.

Cheers, Frank H.
        Cheers, Frank

Comment

maker mark

Hello,

Thanks Frank , exactly thats the one im reffering to => mine is in a less shape ( the back plate is covered with rust but the maker mark is still nice and clean ) , is there anyone of our knowledgable reading crowd who knows the answer towards the question " for who stands this makers mark ? " ?

Cordial Greetings,

Comment

I've never seen this before today. The earliest ones of this type, back in WW1, had "D.R.P." and "D.R.G.M." for the design patent.

I have only seen one maker marked on a metal backing-- Scharffenberg from Dresden. Stogie-Rick has (or had) the one shown in The Ribbon Bar Article, and I think Carl Evans has a Scharffenberg one too.

I have no doubts about originality, just don't know who this maker could be!

Comment

I think this little one has a maker mark, had to use flash photo because it's dark here now, appears to be "uS" but depending how it's angled could be "Sc".

Any thoughts?
              Attached Files

Comment

Whole back.
                Attached Files

Comment

Front.
                  Attached Files

Comment

MAKER MARK

Not sure, but the faint maker mark on this Al Merito Encampana ribbon, may be the same mark as on the other ribbons we are discussing. A point of interest, the medal was Spanish made, but the ribbon mount has the similar mark as the German made Ostmedal ribbon, shown by Frank.

MM

Ribbon & Medal courtesy F.Saez collection

And the whole deal

Last edited by mmiller; 11-07-2002, 02:01 PM.
                    "You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

I have at least one more of those...Sudetenlandmedaille:
                      Cheers, Frank

Comment

unknown maker mark(s)

Hello,

Its beginning to become interesting => yeps Mark thats the same maker mark we are discussing , I wonder wich producer is behind it ?

Are there any other maker marks that can be found on little ribbon bars ? ( lets devide them in time area's )

for example : 1919 - 1932 , 1933 - 1938 , 1939 - 1945

Frank ( aka Munich ) is it Possible to make a clean scan or picture from the full maker mark as shown ?

Cordial greetings,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X