Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinions on Ostfrontmedal...

Hello to all

As you probably know, I´m not a medal-collector. I have a few for my mannequins, and now that I have a scanner, I would like to here some opinions on them. First of all a ordinairy Ostfrontmedal.I already read the article here on the forum. I know there are fakes althought not as detailed and originals are quiet cheap,...But today you never know . Doesn´t glow... ... thx in advance for the opinions.

ps : will post some pictures of a westwallmedal and a Krimshield later on...
    cheers
    Attached Files

back - picture is not very sharp, but I´m still learning with that scanner...There isn´t a number on the ringm so the maker : Arbeitsgemainschaft der Graveur in Innungen...
    Attached Files

Comment

medal looks fine,bit blurry though on the rears shot.Non glow ribbon is a good start but you can get non glow repros.Original ribbons feel somewhat softer also compared to the more rigid plastic feel of repros.You need to handle some genuine ones to know the difference.

but medal is fine.

regards keifer

Comment

thx for the answer Keifer, the ribbon indeed feels quiet soft...

cheers

jan

Comment

Not one of the best Russian front medals I have seen, but looks original. Most of the fakes are poorly cast lumps of lead complete with crappy ribbon. Ribbon looks original from the picture also.

Regards

Dez

Comment

latest fake -

the latest fake that has surfaced is quite good save for what looks like someones eyelash git stuck in the die. Just below the HK is a small defective line - dead giveaway. But they are being made from zink.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X