Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the NSDAP long service cross

Hello,

a foto-show about the NSDAP long service cross. There were three grades - for 10, 15 and 25 years. The years before 1933 count twice. It was at first awarded in 1940 and 1941, then stopped for a few years and at least in 1944. A wearer of the 25 years cross must be a member in NSDAP since 1926 - a wearer of the 15 years cross must be a member in NSDAP since 1931.

First a 10 years long service cross for a Sachsen-Beamten
    Attached Files

OH! Thats a nice and rare medal bar! Congratulations!

Beste Grüße

Daniel

Comment

I agree, its a very nice medal bar
      OMSA #6582

At my age, "getting lucky" is finding my car in the parking lot.

Comment

I love these political medal bars, very unique and hard to obtain. Finding one with the 25 years medal is virtually impossible.

Regards
        Dez

Comment

Dez,you are right. I have never seen one with a 25 year medal. Thanks to Bill Dienna, a fellow Forum member, I now have one that has both the ten and fifteen year medals.
          OMSA #6582

Comment

Hello Ken

I have my eyes on at the moment a very nice medal bar, both 10, 15 years NSDAP, 40 year faithful service, 1914 EK, Hindenburg combatant cross, War Merit Cross. Had a few imperial Austrian decorations on it as well. If I purchase it I will post some pictures. I have not even seen an original 25 years cross in the flesh, plenty of fakes around but nothing original.
            I always found it interesting that 10 years was the first medal in the NSDAP long service awards. All the armed services had 4 years. Then again the first medal for the service to the state was 25 years, is there any logic to this?

Regards
            Dez

Comment

party-member for 15 years

This is the bar of Mr. Bolek - a former Gauleiter and Policepresident from Magdeburg until 1945.

The logic about the long services crosses is the following:

How many people works how many years in their job/are member of the party. It's not normally, that a man serves longer than 2 years in the army before 1939, in 1933 there were millions of party-members and so it's normally to give the party-service-cross for 10 years and at last there were many millions of Beamte which serve more than 20 years. It's a question of charges...

Werner
              Attached Files

Comment

and at last

before I forget it..... a 25 years long service cross
                Attached Files

Comment

Great thread. I've only ever seen one 25 Year award in the flesh. This is the best I've been able to do as a group:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Werner, that is the finest political medal bar I have seen. Congratulations.

Mine consists of the EKI (WWI), Brunswick Ernst August Cross, Hindenburg Cross w swords, KVK II w/o swords, 15 year NSDAP and 10 year NSDAP.

Des, as you are aware from the photos of my collection, I own a 25 year NSDAP medal. I have shown it to three knowledgeable individuals who have all passed on it. It is the later thin variety. I am confident that it is good.
                    OMSA #6582

Comment

Stunning medal bar! Simply awesome.

How many people do you figure would have been elegible for all three classes of the NSDAP service medal?

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

James, that is another very nice bar. If you ever want to sell it,pls let me know.
                        OMSA #6582

Comment

As I understand it, it was only people who actually worked for the NSDAP who would have been eligible for the long service decorations. This excluded the people who were simply party members who made their donations. Everyone from Gauleiter’s down to secretaries. I would imagine for the 25 year cross there would only have been a few hundred people eligible by 1944.
                          Very nice medal bars Werner, James. Werner on your 25 year bar are the medal mounted so they can be removed and used as a ribbon bar? Sure looks like it from the pic. Please talk to me first if you want to sell them, Ken is greedy and has enough political items.

Regards
                          Dez
                          Last edited by Dez H; 11-02-2002, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Here is the Senior Mayor (Oberbürgermeister) of Munich, NSDAP Reichsleiter, SS Obergruppenführer Karl Fiehler's group, in a New England collection. I have been sighing over it every month for years at a local show, where it languishes unappreciated, believe it or not.

Karl Fiehler (31.8.1895-8.12.1969) was NSDAP Member #37, and recipient of Blood Order #16. SS Obgrpnfr 30.1.42. His other awards were a WW1 Black Wound Badge and both classes of WW2 KVK without Swords, as well as the Gold Party Badge, of course.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good Grief! Are Fiehler's awards for saale or only on display?
                              OMSA #6582

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X