Medal bar eagles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal bar eagles?

Bear with me if this is an extremely elementary question , but when it comes to the eagles on the ribbons of long service awards on medal bars, should they always be present, or is their absence merely a variation?
    Thank you!
    George

Good question indeed.

I have been wondering the same regarding ribbon bars. The one below is possible SS due to the lack of a device, and the (possible) combat history of the bar.
    Attached Files

Comment

Well, all i can say, is, i have a medal bar on the e-stand with a Police Long service without eagle on the ribbon and it was worn that way, as it comes directly from the owner.

Gerd

Comment

Originally posted by David S
        Good question indeed.

I have been wondering the same regarding ribbon bars. The one below is possible SS due to the lack of a device, and the (possible) combat history of the bar.
        Hello,
        Nice ribbon bar. Could that blue ribbon be for the 8 year Police medal? That would also fit.
        Regards,
        Jody

Comment

I can understand the ribbon bars having devices, since there are no medals hanging there to specify what service the award is for. But on a medal bar, the devices seem redundant. I can see wanting to have them on a medal bar to make it that much more flashy, but were they necessarily required?
          George

Comment

Could that blue ribbon be for the 8 year Police medal? That would also fit.
            A possibility as well.

Comment

It must be a personal choice. Here's an example.
              Attached Files

Comment

I have also seen many medal bars with out the eagle in place, I have never brought any but they are out there as you have pointed out.

Comment

Okay, thanks!
                  George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X