Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detlev's medal bar

Dear fellow collectors,

I got this bar during today Detlev's update. First I thought how cleaver and quick I was to be able to purchase it. Then I looked at it doubting about it. I asked myself: if the guy who got it was actually a German officer (see the lower classes of the Bulgarian and Rumanian orders given to junior officers) and spent some time on the Eastern front (Medaille gegen den Kommunismus) how on earth wouldn't he have been awarded also with the Spange 2nd class of the Iron cross? Now I don't feel so cleaver... To me it's to weird without the "Wiederholungsspange".

Your comments on that are greatly appreciated!

Thanks and ciao,

Claudio
    Attached Files

medal bar

Hello Claudio,

I was interested at the very same bar also but in another stage => this very bar was original listed on ebay about a week ago + was removed ( you know ebay ) with several other stuff, as far as I know the following awards where also whit it :

this bar, a spange ek 2 ( this explains your questions ) , a iron cross 1 e class 1939 , the BUlgarian pilots badge ( also on Detlev's update ) , a Flak badge ( Juncker marked )

I can't say iff Detlev was able to purchase it from ebay or not or iff some other person bought the grouping + sold the pieces seperatly towards Detlev, imù very sure it is the very same one and iff you are ever wanting to sell it again => please contact me

Cordial Greetings,
    my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Poor Claudio! Yes, it is a VERY UGLY medal bar, and so if you must get rid of it, here is Ricky in Second Place on the --WAITING LIST! (Just kidding-- Wrong War for me!)

Actually, neither Bulgarian or Rumanian Order HAD to be for "Tapferkeit," and could have been for war merit. And I have seen very very few actual medal bars with a Spange on them: I'd say 4 out of 5 were probably jammed in by "collectors," and most recipients at the time wore their Spange from the buttonhole, not on a medal bar, even one mounted like this, during the war.

This guy was probably a Hauptmann der Reserve.

Comment

for claudio

Hello Claudio,

Here is the picture as it was original togheter ( from ebay and now in my archives )

Cordial Greetings,
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you guys for your kind and prompt replies! I owe you one.

David,

Well first I would like to see how the medal bar is... it's always better to inspect such thing personally. I'll let you know if I'll sell it. Very likely not, but you never know.

Rick,

I thought that you would never betray the "Imperial cause"... Thank you for your very interesting comments...

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

medal bar

Hello Claudio,

Well im happy that this bar has a new good home found => keep the picture I posted in honour and you have at least a little more proveniance along with it

ps : as you said => you owe me one , never mind but think on me when you sell it ( however please wait a few weeks aka months as my money resources are really dried up, thats the least one can say

Cordial Greetings,

Comment

another question

Rick,

Would you re-touch this medal bar putting an original Wiederholungsspange if you know that this officer has actually been awarded with it? Is this for you morally acceptable? I mean from a purist (collector) point of view?

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

no attaching

Hello Claudio ,

Please no do not damage the ribbons by reattaching a spange towards it !!!!!!! => buy the spange ek 2 that belonged towards it from Detlev's update or place one besides it but do not harm that poor spange !!!!!!!!!! ( that would be moraly unacceptable )

Cordial Greetings,

Comment

David,

No problem... I think to already know more or less what could be your "wish list". I am eagerly waiting to receive the medal bar and will post a better pic of it in this thread, also from the reverse .

Take care now,

Claudio

Comment

medal bar

Hello Claudio,

OK no problem => im curious to see more pics. from it but please do not harm this baby .

ps : sell it towards me instead when I have the resources once again

Cordial Greetings,

Comment

received it yet ?

Hello Claudio,

Did you receive this bar already ? , I would like to see the reverse and some comment on the medals etc .. that are attached => Am I mistaking to assume that the Iron cross is loose ?

Cordial Greetings,

ps: the ribbon go's on Monday in the post towards you

Comment

David,

I almost forgot to post the pics of this bar, which I got yesterday.

The Iron Cross is not loose and the two foreign orders are in very well conditions with no email chips. It just looks nice and clean.

Let the photos speak...

Ciao,

Claudio

P.S.: thanks for the ribbon.

Comment

thanks

Hello,

Thanks Claudio for the pictures => I like the bar very much, congrats. on the nice piece .

Cordial Greetings,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X