Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice please

Hi, it's been a while since I've been to this sight and gotten expert help. I've been busy and haven't had time to do much collecting. However, last time I came here you all saved me a lot of $$$ advising me not to buy something you felt was a fake. I appreciated that and now need more of your good advice. I am looking at a German auxiliary cruiser badge, Does anyone have any tips on spotting fakes?
    <!-- / message -->

Search, Search, Search!!!

I think if you spend a few evenings searching the forums doing specific searches you will find a good basis. Save in your computer or print and file.

Obviously Schwerin marked badgedes and marked Zimmy and unmarked Zimmy's will be found and are among the desireables. From there you will have to decide how picky you want to be. There have been a few marked Schwerins sell for the price of a nice used car. Recently a very nice numarked Zimmy sold for about$1300 at one of the big US dealers , a similar badge here for near a $1000. and another I would call extrememly nice for $600. (A great deal.) When you get to badges that have a lot of the gold wash missing the price can be much lower. I know of a personal sale of a choice Schwerin that was $2300 .

Do a little home work and you will be rewarded. I think they are among the most beautiful badges out there. GOOD LUCK!!

ERIC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X