Luft Sailing Prize w/ Kriegsflag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft Sailing Prize w/ Kriegsflag?

I do like this little guy. Just wondering what the heck this it. Aprox. 2 1/2" X 2 3/4". Text on the plate is "Standort-Segel-Wettfahrten Preis". From a online text translator I got "Sailing" and "Prize". It has a Kriegs flag (guess it could be a navy flag if the award is related to "sailing" right?) and a nice Drooptail Luft Eagle. Three small holes to mount onto something. Doesn't look like it was ever used/mounted. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Text/Flag
    Attached Files

Comment

Luft Droop
      Attached Files

Comment

Close up of the Drooptail. The feathers have alot of detail.
        Attached Files

Comment

Back. Done guys. I don't doubt that it is an original item, just trying to figure it out. I appreciate your opinions or any info that you may have. Just thought it odd... if it is related to sailing.... Luftwaffe? Early drooptail with a Krieg flag...? Just trying to figure it out. Thanks and take care.

Tim
          Attached Files

Comment

Tim, I have a picture of one similar in a 1996 Manions catalog.....The one in the catalog exhibits an Army eagle instead though....In the discription is called "Plaque awarded for sailing contest"....Bodes

Comment

Bodes,

Thanks! So guess it is a non-military related award. A sailing competition. I looked too deep into it and some how thought it was some combined Navy/Luft thing.... Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Miller
                Bodes,

Thanks! So guess it is a non-military related award. A sailing competition. I looked too deep into it and some how thought it was some combined Navy/Luft thing.... Thanks.
                Tim, No problem.....You simply have to remember the Reichskriegflagge (Nat'l War Flag) was the national symbol for ALL armed forces, NOT just the Kriegsmarine or Navy....Bodes

Comment

Interesting, I like it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X