Ribbon Bar Attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribbon Bar Attachments

I was approched by a fellow who had about 100 small badges of all kinds that the seller thought were stick pins but they were without pins and much smaller that any stickpin I have. My question is what does a ribbon bar attachment look like on the reverse? And what all was available for ribbon bars?
    Thanks
    Killjoy

Originally posted by Killjoy
    I was approched by a fellow who had about 100 small badges of all kinds that the seller thought were stick pins but they were without pins and much smaller that any stickpin I have. My question is what does a ribbon bar attachment look like on the reverse? And what all was available for ribbon bars?
    Thanks
    Killjoy
    Ribbon bar devices usually have prongs in one form or another on the back.

As for what was available, well that varies. Everything form the common swords, LS eagle, etc., to less common mini devices of the actual awards.

If these devices have no prongs or pins, they could be unfinished or repros.

Pictures would be a big help.
    Regards,
    Chris

Always interested in buying Ribbon Bars or anything Ribbon Bar related!!

Comment

the things to consider

Most miniatures for ribbon bars will be 9mm, or 16mm. They should have double prongs on the back to mount to the ribbon bar. They could simply be unfinished blanks for either mini lapel chains, mini stick pins, or minis for ribbon bars.
      The problem becomes that without the prongs, they cannot be used for repairs/restoration (and thankfully) not for making reproductions.

Photos and sizes would help!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X