Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish Volunteers in Russia medals for review

Hi Guys,

I picked up these Spanish Volunteers in Russia medals in my youth, before the Internet. I have a good feeling about them but could be wrong. What do you think? The ribbons look new but show wefts so I am not sure whether these are period or not.

What surprises me about these medals is that they are so poorly struck. I thought they were produced by Deschler - they don't seem to be up to the usual German standards. Is there any reason for this? Two of the medals have '1' on the suspension ring, but this looks almost scratched on rather than stamped. These are strange medals.

Thanks for looking and for all comments, All the best, Guy
    Attached Files

Congratulations, you have that rarest of things … original Spanish Volunteers medals with the original, German ribbons.

Ian

Comment

Wow, thanks Ian, that is good news - but somehow I think although period, the medal ribbons are replacements, they are just too clean, but good to hear though.

Comment

Originally posted by ancientrelicsuk View Post
        Wow, thanks Ian, that is good news - but somehow I think although period, the medal ribbons are replacements, they are just too clean, but good to hear though.
        They all appear to be the correct Golden-Yellow and have the weft thread loops.

Ian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X