X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal bar/SS4 year

Opinions?
    Attached Files

A friend of mine has a similar bar, same medals, that he got from a veteran. I like the construction.

Tom

Comment

I like the even/uniform wear and aging on the ribbons. Great looking bar, from what I can see. Did you peel up the backing?

Comment

Hmm at first look it seems as a nice bar but why all white ribbons (stripes on medal ribbons) are aged same (same colour tone) and also why white stripes under back cloth are aged exactly same way as other exposed one? Usually, ribbons hidden under back cloth are brighter. Just saying and waiting for more opinions.

Comment

I see no issues with the bars construction, but as will always be the case with SS LS medals on bars, the question will be when was it placed there/was it swapped out with a Luft/Heer LS medal.

If you are in possession you might want to see if there is any indication of swing wear on the LS medal (where the EK would have rubbed up against the SS LS award.

Overall it looks nice. (Is the SS LS medal sewn down? I can not tell from the pictures)

Gary B
          ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

The medal bar looks fine but I would like to see some pictures of where the medals should have some natural wear marks due to the condition.

Troy

Comment

New pics

Per requests
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello everyone! In my opinion, the bar is 100% original, without interventions and restorations. Great find, congratulations!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X