Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flock of Birds

Hi Fellas,

Some Wehrmacht Eagles for the long service medals.all look good to me ,what do you thinks?

Cheers
    Bob
    Attached Files

Anyone??

Comment

There was a well-known dealer here in the UK who used to buy eagle attachments for LS ribbons from someone who made them at home. The dealer used the Jiffy bag he received them in to send a medal to a pal of mine who give it to me and I still have it.

It reads on the back "Dear ...., Enclosed are 6 normal Army eagles will send some more once made".

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
        There was a well-known dealer here in the UK who used to buy eagle attachments for LS ribbons from someone who made them at home. The dealer used the Jiffy bag he received them in to send a medal to a pal of mine who give it to me and I still have it.

It reads on the back "Dear ...., Enclosed are 6 normal Army eagles will send some more once made".

Stan
        Hi Stan,
        Thanks for the comment mate
        Interesting!,I wonder who that dealer could be.
        I have to say some look very good while others appear to be staybright in the picture..
        Obviously everything connected to our hobby is fair game which is such a shame,still i suppose someone will write a book on these too at some point...
        Thanks again for the comment
        Bob

Comment

There were several large groups from the Brian L Davis collection sold recently at auction here in the UK … I had intended to bid on one lot (with the device for the RAD 4 year and what looks to be a Memel device colour-wise) but ended up busy working and missed the auction.

Here are the images from the C&T Auction ..
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
            There were several large groups from the Brian L Davis collection sold recently at auction here in the UK … I had intended to bid on one lot (with the device for the RAD 4 year and what looks to be a Memel device colour-wise) but ended up busy working and missed the auction.

Here are the images from the C&T Auction ..
            Hi Ian,
            That certainly looks like the same ones ,whoever has them now has mixed them up.
            So in your opinion all good period originals?, no pressure then I must say there appears to be variation in the manufacturing process in so much as they don't look like they've all come from one stamping press and have different prongs fittings,thoughts please...

BR
            Bob

Comment

Originally posted by ENGLISH BOB View Post
              Hi Ian,
              That certainly looks like the same ones ,whoever has them now has mixed them up.
              So in your opinion all good period originals?, no pressure then I must say there appears to be variation in the manufacturing process in so much as they don't look like they've all come from one stamping press and have different prongs fittings,thoughts please...

BR
              Bob
              Hiya Bob, I was willing to take a punt on the lot I said but I have no interest in all those eagles … I did buy a mixed lot of swords a while back, one of which I needed for a repair myself. I attach pics of the lot of swords, bar before, the piece that had broken off and the bar afterwards. Ian
              Attached Files

Comment

Hiya Bob, I was willing to take a punt on the lot I said but I have no interest in all those eagles … I did buy a mixed lot of swords a while back, one of which I needed for a repair myself. I attach pics of the lot of swords, bar before, the piece that had broken off and the bar afterwards. Ian
                Well you can't complain about that Ian,nice easy restoration ,I will contact him again i think..

All the best
                Bob

Comment

Well you can't complain about that Ian,nice easy restoration ,
                  Cheers Bob, plus the scarce Westwall ribbon bar device as well of course

Ian

Comment

Cheers Bob, plus the scarce Westwall ribbon bar device as well of course

Ian
                    Welcome Ian,don't think in 30yrs of collecting have i seen the westwall ribbon device, this hobby always amazes me

Thank you Ian for the imput to to this thread

Best
                    Bob

Comment

Welcome Ian,don't think in 30yrs of collecting have i seen the westwall ribbon device, this hobby always amazes me

Best
                      Bob

Bob, Ian has the best ribbon bar collection.

Here are a few of my examples.....

Attached Files
                      RonR

Comment

Originally posted by RonR View Post
                        Bob, Ian has the best ribbon bar collection.

Here are a few of my examples.....

Oh wow!never seen anything like these before Ron,I must have led a sheltered life.
                        Thank you very much for posting these for us to look at
                        Glad I started this thread now

BR
                        Bob

Comment

Oh wow!never seen anything like these before Ron,I must have led a sheltered life.
                          Thank you very much for posting these for us to look at
                          Glad I started this thread now

BR
                          Bob
                          Take no notice of Ron, HE has the best collection of everything !

Mine will be improving again this week (and the week after) possibly against my own better judgement. I spent 3 weeks working my 'working from home' ass off

Anyway, here are my Westwall devices .. (oh and why I deserve more ribbon bars ! )

Ian
                          Attached Files

Comment

Take no notice of Ron, HE has the best collection of everything !

Mine will be improving again this week (and the week after) possibly against my own better judgement. I spent 3 weeks working my 'working from home' ass off

Anyway, here are my Westwall devices .. (oh and why I deserve more ribbon bars ! )

Ian
                            Hi Ian,
                            I know,he's spares tin is better than most collections
                            Is that west Wall device denazifed?,I thought I noticed it earlier in the thread..
                            Damn that's a fine looking outdoor space ,could have a great party there
                            Cheers
                            Bob

Comment

Hi Ian,
                              I know,he's spares tin is better than most collections
                              Is that west Wall device denazifed?,I thought I noticed it earlier in the thread..
                              I didn't realise it but apparently the stamp was very weak and the swastika disappeared, there are several examples the same.

The garden is tiny but private … very handy at the moment

Ian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X