Can this be real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can this be real?

I am thinking of buying this medal from an auction site. I'm new at collecting this kind of equipment, and I find it really difficult to see real stuff from all the fakes out there...

Can anyone help? Is this worth buying?

Looks ok to me

Comment

This is War Merit Medal. Very common (3 millions awarded), but a good start for collection!

Comment

It looks fine to me too.

Remember though, as Robert said there were over 3 million of these awarded & it's a VERY common award, so don't pay to much for it.
        Regards,
        Chris

Always interested in buying Ribbon Bars or anything Ribbon Bar related!!

Comment

Don't see a problem with it. Does it have a Makers Mark on the ribbon ring?

Comment

welcome to collecting

hey bro. I started my collection with a war merit cross as well.
            good luck
            ken s

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for all the help!

The one picture this guy have of this medal don't show the manufacturer number on the ribbon ring. The seller guarantees that this is authentic.

If my bid wins the auction I will pay about 13 USD for it. Not that bad.

Sorry for my bad english, and thanks again.

Redstar

Comment

Hi Redstar dont pay too much for this award as they are quite common, but a good starter . Welcome to the forum. All the best

Comment

Didn't buy it after all. The price went too high.

So Ill guess I have too keep looking for my first object to start my collection.

RedStar

Comment

Originally posted by redstar
                    Didn't buy it after all. The price went too high.

So Ill guess I have too keep looking for my first object to start my collection.

RedStar
                    Keep an eye on our e-stand section!

Comment

Originally posted by redstar
                      Thanks for all the help!

The one picture this guy have of this medal don't show the manufacturer number on the ribbon ring. The seller guarantees that this is authentic.

Redstar
                      Hi Redstar, the lack of a makers number does not mean it is not real, in fact few KvM's have an MM on them , I was just curious if it did or did not.

Comment

Looks good to me also, good and crisp.

You mean all of you who posted above did not start your collections with DKIG w Diamonds, or RK's with Oaks and swords! Imagine people starting their collections with smaller more common awards, the horror, the horror.

Nice piece and an excellent way to start off IMO.

-Shane

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X