Mother's Cross, Need Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mother's Cross, Need Opinions

Can anyone give me the thumbs up or down on this cross? Thanks in advance!!!

Hello Soldat,

First of all, I would say that your Mother Cross looks well-made and that it is probably ok. Having said this, I will say that some may be suspect of this cross because the ' i ' is dotted in the Hitler signature. Hitler did not dot the ' i ' in his signature, so this is somewhat of an inaccurate facsimile of his signature. Probably just the manufacturer's interpretation though. One other point that I would make is that the blue enameling looks a little too opaque. This may be nothing more than the pictures and lighting. The blue enamel should be nicely translucent, and you should be able to see through the blue enamel, down to the textured metal below. Try taking a picture of the blue enamel in good light and with a flash. As long as the blue enamel is semi-transparent, I would say your cross is .
    Best regards! Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hmmm... I asked the seller if that is a dotted "i" or some tarnish/dirt. Does anyone know of a maker that did dot the "i?"

Comment

My dot eye

I had this one up a little while ago, and was told that it was a fake aswell.

Maybe these need to be discussed again, as im hearing alot of yays and nays
        Attached Files

Comment

front

Front
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is a closer pics of the gold mother's cross.

Comment

Well, after reading a bunch of previous threads on the dotted"i", I think I'll have to pass on the cross. I'd hate to get burned, though it looks dead on but for the signiture.

Comment

Well I've said it before and I'll say it again. I personally have no problem with the dotted "i". I have seen literally hundreds of these crosses in every antique store and market in Germany. Some with the dot, some without the dot, some with a makers mark, some with pinbacks, and some crude cast copies sometimes even with the wrong color enamel. The gold cross that started this thread I would very comfortably included in my collection at a reasonable price. Just my opinion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X