Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal bar with Memel medal

Hello,
    Picked this up from François at the SoS and just now getting around to posting it. I just couldn't resist it as I have several Memel medals but none mounted on a bar. I just wanted to run it by the folks here to get your opinions.
    Thank you,
    Dale
    Attached Files

Hi Dale. All original medals period mounted in my opinion.
    Great find.
    Troy

Comment

Superb and from an impeccable source.

Ian

Comment

Interesting, this is one of those with backing cloth covering a standard 'snapped on' (don't remember the standard term) type mounting plate. It's not uncommon such type of bar are covered by additional backing cloth, however in this case it's not possible to check for any signs of rework on the snaps.
        Medals are original. As for the stitching quality I'd so so.

Comment

Dale,
          A superb bar from one of the most knowledgable collectors in the hobby.

Chet
          Zinc stinks!

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

Lewjian, I agree the sewing isn't the best, but I'm going to trust the source and the views of most of those here that all is well. I'm satisfied, though there is a part of me that would like to snip a few threads to check the back plate, but I'm going to resist that urge.

BTW, I posted the EK in the crosses section and the answer came back that it is a very nice Godet, which just makes the bar even sweeter!
            Dale

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X