Identifying this ribbon bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identifying this ribbon bar

Which medals does this medal ribbon bar represent? The eagle devise is interesting...and I don't think its West German either..Thoughts?
    Attached Files

I'd guess Romanian
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Thanks. So all of them or just the middle one? It reminded me of the Spanish civil war service bar...(the colors)
      Last edited by NickG; 04-10-2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

2nd and 3rd ribbons for sure; 1st one looks like Austrian Anschluß but I can't explain the presence of the crossed swords device
        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Isn't the ribbon on the left the Order of The German Eagle with swords?

Comment

Definitely Romanian in my opinion, eagle order seems correct to me, so maybe to a Romanian soldier in German service. TPK

Comment

Possibly the DAO (German Eagle Order) with Swords, Spanish Campaign Medal with Romanian Air Force wings device, Romanian Medal for Bravery, Manhood & Loyalty 3rd Class in Bronze with Swords.

The hook has snapped off and the last award has one crimp missing and the other is clinging on at the end.

Ian

Comment

the first ribbon looks more like the medal of annexation to Austria to which swords have been added. The ribbon for a German Eagle Order has the thickest black lines. The second ribbon is not the medal of the Spanish campaign

The order in which they appear also would not be logical because if he was a German soldier he could not have been awarded the Order of the German Eagle, if he was a foreign soldier he would first have to show the decorations of his country and then the German decoration.

I am inclined to think that he was a German soldier with the Sudeten annexation medal who was later awarded two foreign medals of valor
                Attached Files

Comment

Keep in mind that the structure is German.

A Spanish or other country ribbon bar would not have that type of structure

Comment

-So Sudeten anschluB but the swords (inadvertently added).
                    -Spanish Civil war medal (but with Romanian airforce pilot wing eagle device added?)
                    -Romanian bravery medal with swords

Well I bought it for $49...albeit it being embellished I like ribbon bars with foreign awards!
                    So possibly a German soldier involved with the AnschluB operations in Sudetenland, and before that participating in the Spanish civil war and also earning a Romanian bravery medal...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NickG; 04-17-2020, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                      -Spanish Civil war medal (but with Romanian airforce pilot wing eagle device added?)
                      The first award is the 13th March 1938 Austrian 'Anschluss' medal .... the Sudetenland occupation was the 1st October 1938 award.

Ian

Comment

Very nice! How did you get the stains out of the middle, Spanish Civil War ribbon?

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Robert J.D. View Post
                          Very nice! How did you get the stains out of the middle, Spanish Civil War ribbon?

Rob
                          Photoshop by the looks of it.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post

Well I bought it for $49...albeit it being embellished I like ribbon bars with foreign awards!
                            So possibly a German soldier involved with the AnschluB operations in Sudetenland, and before that participating in the Spanish civil war and also earning a Romanian bravery medal...
                            Both the Spanish and Romanian medals could come with swords on a ribbon bar but the Anschluss is also seen with a miniature version of the medal on the ribbon bar...

In this case the swords may have been "inadvertely added" because the original Anschluss device was removed or broke off and the owner just wanted to plug the hole by using the most common ribbon bar device he could find: swords.

JC
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                              Photoshop by the looks of it.

Ian
                              A bath in a solution of Oxiclean would also do the trick...

JC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X