kriegsverdienst medal for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kriegsverdienst medal for review

although it is not the rarest or most expenvice medal there is, i sure would like some opinions on this one. real or fake? if real, anybody can tell me who made it?

best regards,
    Attached Files

medal looks indeed original but to increase chances you will get your asnwer I recommend to post in category - General awards forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Yubari View Post
      medal looks indeed original but to increase chances you will get your asnwer I recommend to post in category - General awards forum.
      Thank you, I doubted indeed in which forum I should post it. I will putt it there also. Or maybe the moderator can change it to the good forum.

Comment

Moved.
        George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson View Post
          Moved.
          Thank you George.

Comment

The medal itself is original … the ribbon looks iffy and more narrow than usual but I can't see the edges to be sure.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
              The medal itself is original … the ribbon looks iffy and more narrow than usual but I can't see the edges to be sure.

Ian
              Thanks Ian, these are the pictures that I have at this moment, Will post as soon as I got it, some new pictures from the ribbon.

Can you tell me something about the manufacturer of the medal? Or is it impossible to say?

Best regards
              Sake

Comment

Medal is original. I am not so sure about the ribbon though.

Kind regards,
                Pierce

Comment

Originally posted by SvdM View Post
                  Can you tell me something about the manufacturer of the medal? Or is it impossible to say?

Best regards
                  Sake
                  I've never seen a marked one or anyone who claimed to be able to distinguish them.

This one which I used to have was in a packet set from Klein & Quenzer ...
                  Attached Files

Comment

I've never seen a marked one or anyone who claimed to be able to distinguish them.

Ok, thanks again Ian, I'll post some pictures of the ribbon this week.

Comment

Originally posted by SvdM View Post
                      Ok, thanks again Ian, I'll post some pictures of the ribbon this week.
                      ribbon looks to me bad all the way.. it's also less "strong" as the normal ones i have on the KVK2. or could it be that it is a ribbon probably used for feldspangen/ribbons? but attached at this medal. don't know, just thinking!
                      Attached Files

Comment

That's a strange ribbon and not a type I've seen before, at very best A-typical and probably just a post-war replacement.

Here is the classic type from my Maurer set.

Ian
                        Attached Files

Comment

That's a strange ribbon and not a type I've seen before, at very best A-typical and probably just a post-war replacement.

Here is the classic type from my Maurer set.

Ian
                          yes that's what i thought also. I need to find a good ribbon now.

your's is a very nice set, beautiful.

best regards,
                          Sake

Comment

Hi Ian,

Nice set =)

There are marked ones for sure, 16 and 77 for example, but there are more also.
                            They can be distinguished like the KVK1 and 2 by the pebbling in the arms and other features.

kr
                            Sindri

Comment

As we're talking KVMs here are a couple of oddities I thought I'd post for you ..

One with a crimped edge and a split ring (exactly as I bought it 40-odd years ago) and one on a bow mount, possibly for a female worker ? Note the differences in the thickness of the little jump rings.

Ian
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X