HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medal bar for single medal, but which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal bar for single medal, but which one?

Bought this medal bar at Ebay thinking it was for the Iron Cross but when I got it I realised it was not. As I was a bit disappointed it was left lying in a box. Found it today and thought it's about time I try to find out what it was for. Ribbon is 19-20 mm wide (Some difficulty flattening it out to measure…) and the black and white fields are 3mm. So, anyone have an idea what it might be for?
    Attached Files

What makes you think that it's not for an EKII ?

Ian

Comment

Seems to be a EK2 ribbon with this style of mounting.

regards
      Mike
      Attached Files

Comment

EK Who?

Agree w/ the guys; front just looks overlapped, but from the reverse, looks like it's supposed to be an EK2 ribbon. Looking at the edges though; looks odd; Ian what do you think?

Best,

James
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sevrin View Post
          Looking at the edges though; looks odd; Ian what do you think?

Best,

James
          Hiya James, yes, the ribbon looks odd ... both the weft loop colour and also the patchy red centre. Haven't we seen this on Spanish ribbons ? Either way the mount looks homemade and certainly worth passing a blacklight over the stitching.

Ian

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

To begin with, I have to correct my statement about the ribbon width. It is actually 29-30 mm wide (Must have had a temporary mental breakdown when I did the first measurement…). When I compare it with an Iron cross ribbon of the same width, the proportions between the black, white and red fields are different. The ribbon on the medal bar have a wider red field than seen on the Iron cross ribbon.

The first thing I noticed when I received the thing was the white edge loops. I cursed myself for not paying more attention to that when I bid on the bar. The patchy red field is also something that I found unusual. It is less pronounced inside the folding, seems sun fading have worked differently on different threads in the weave.

Failed to mention that the ribbon does not glow but the white thread on the back does.

As a side note: Noticed that the blood order has a somewhat similar set up on the ribbon with a wider red field and white edge loops.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnerwetter View Post
              Failed to mention that the ribbon does not glow but the white thread on the back does.
              Sadly a post-war knock-up then I'm afraid.

Ian.

Comment

postwar EK2 creation!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X