Thoughts on this ribbon bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on this ribbon bar

Hi guys! What do you think of this ribbon bar? Wartime original or postwar?

Thanks in advance for any kind of help.
    Attached Files

white colour looks brand new

Comment

Originally posted by Yubari View Post
      white colour looks brand new
      Many ribbon bars and component ribbon sat in draws and boxes since it's delivery to the shops 80 years ago and looks 'as new' to this day. Indoor lighting doesn't help either.

I would ask what configuration allowed for 2 plain service ribbons ? I have several bars with 2 (or 3) L.S. ribbons but they have at least 1 device … either WH/Police/Customs eagles or Faithful Service/RAD devices. Maybe this one is unfinished ?

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post

I would ask what configuration allowed for 2 plain service ribbons ? I have several bars with 2 (or 3) L.S. ribbons but they have at least 1 device … either WH/Police/Customs eagles or Faithful Service/RAD devices. Maybe this one is unfinished ?

Ian
        That was my first thought. Ribbons look genuine enough, but trying to decode what the two service ribbons could be. Police doesn't seem to fit; neither does military (Prussian or 2 TR); could it be RAD & SS?

Best,

James

Comment

It really could be anything, I cannot speak to it’s originality, but my guess would be some form of non-army service such as the RAD and then ether a Heer/Luftwaffe/SS, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X