Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hindenburg Cross for Widows/Parents

Hi Folks:

I recently found this Hindenburg Cross for widows with the award document (14 Sept 1935) Essen.

Black cross is hallmarked "G&S" on the back.

I'd like to find the correct cases/boxes for these.

That's my next goal when I go to a German militaria show....find the cases/boxes.
    Attached Files

Thank you RonR...that's what I'll be looking for in addition to the Combatant and Non-Combatant Cross cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Edelweisse View Post
      Thank you RonR...that's what I'll be looking for in addition to the Combatant and Non-Combatant Cross cases.
      Have a nice cased one with swords if you are interested.

Tom

Comment

The NOK Cross could also be found in a tortoise like case. As I understand it, these cases were all private purchase pieces. When found packeted the HC was in a blue or tan wax envelope. On very rare occasions one can find a paper packet with the name of the award on it.

Additionally the red case can be found in 2 different sizes.

Gary B
        Attached Files
        ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Some really nice cases displayed here.

Edelweisse, it looks like you have the tan wax envelope for yours, which while not as nice as the case is also not easy to find.
          Dale

Comment

Thanks Gary....very nice display.....what’s the deal with the HC on the far right w/swds in black case with widow ribbon?

I agree Dale...wax envelope. I didn’t know that the cases were private purchase

Comment

Thanks Gary....very nice display.....what’s the deal with the HC on the far right w/swds in black case with widow ribbon?

I agree Dale...wax envelope. I didn’t know that the cases were private purchase
              That's the tortoise style case I mentioned.

Gary B

Comment

Gary: The HC w/swds in the far right case is bronze ... not black...correct? I don’t think they made “Black” HC w/swords...only bronze.

I do like your collection...nice display. Cases and envelopes are harder to find than the crosses themselves.

Comment

Gary: The HC w/swds in the far right case is bronze ... not black...correct? I don’t think they made “Black” HC w/swords...only bronze.

I do like your collection...nice display. Cases and envelopes are harder to find than the crosses themselves.
                  Funny that I never even noticed the swords....just the color. Here is a close up.

Gary B
                  Attached Files

Comment

Gary,
                    You need to clip those swords off ... just kidding. That is a strange one though. No clue what that would represent.
                    Dale

Comment

Hi,

the colour of the crosses is very different.

Uwe
                      Attached Files

Comment

It's the brass..."aging" through time .....Thanks for the close up.

Comment

Here I would like to show another type of the Hindenburg Cross for Widows/Parents with the pin type of attachment. Did they have a special envelope or case? Cross itself has the same size as the standard one. It seems to be factory made without any traces of modification. Pin is placed vertically.
                          Attached Files

Comment

That is really cool...thanks for sharing...seldom or rarely seen

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X