Ribbon bar question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribbon bar question

Has anyone seen one like this? Thoughts? Burns?
    Attached Files

57er?

I'm not that familiar w/ the "57" versions of these; but possibly that? That's just a guess; wait for the others to verify.

Best,

James

Comment

Yes, those are "57er" miniature decives.

Most of the 57er ribbon bars are mounted in the post-war style, but bars of the older Feldspange type existed as well and were preferred by some veterans.

The bar is incorrect in that it has the ribbons for the EK I and KVK I, but not for the EK II and KVK II: On 57er ribbon bars, the 1st class of these awards was represented by a miniature of the respective cross, while the ribbon for the KVK II with swords had just a swords device and the ribbon for the EK II and the KVK II without swords had no devices. The 1st and 2nd class ribbons were to be worn together.

On the other hand, I have seen 1st Class ribbons without the associated 2nd class on 57er bars before.

Seen below, for illustration, are two bars from my collection. Top: Old-style Feldspange bar with the 1939 EK I and EK II. Bottom: Bar with the KVK I ribbon and the 1914 EK II ribbon. The omission of the KVK II ribbon may have been a matter of personal choice (with the wearer preferring to wear a single-row bar) or simply an error.

I don't want to make a definitive judgment on your bar. It could be a good, but non-regulation, post-war bar or even a wartime bar to which the devices were added (maybe by the wearer, maybe by someone else).

In any case, the thread should best be moved by the moderators to the 1957er sub-forum, where you may get more comments.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by HPL2008; 02-01-2020, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hpl2008 View Post
        yes, those are "57er" miniature decives.

Most of the 57er ribbon bars are mounted in the post-war style, but bars of the older feldspange type existed as well and were preferred by some veterans.

The bar is incorrect in that it has the ribbons for the ek i and kvk i, but not for the ek ii and kvk ii: On 57er ribbon bars, the 1st class of these awards was represented by a miniature of the respective cross, while the ribbon for the kvk ii with swords had just a swords device and the ribbon for the ek ii and the kvk ii without swords had no devices. The 1st and 2nd class ribbons were to be worn together.

On the other hand, i have seen 1st class ribbons without the associated 2nd class on 57er bars before.

Seen below, for illustration, are two bars from my collection. Top: Old-style feldspange bar with the 1939 ek i and ek ii. Bottom: Bar with the kvk i ribbon and the 1914 ek ii ribbon. The omission of the kvk ii ribbon may have been a matter of personal choice (with the wearer preferring to wear a single-row bar) or simply an error.

I don't want to make a definitive judgment on your bar. It could be a good, but non-regulation, post-war bar or even a wartime bar to which the devices were added (maybe by the wearer, maybe by someone else).

In any case, the thread should best be moved by the moderators to the 1957er sub-forum, where you may get more comments.

thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WEtboyz View Post
          Has anyone seen one like this? Thoughts? Burns?
          your ribbon bar looks really nice for 57er! Well aged and construction reminds me ww2 pieces.

Comment

Possibly a WW2 bar converted for appropriate wear in the 1950s.

Kind regards,
            Pierce

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X