Interesting M38 tortoise camo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting M38 tortoise camo

Found this while browsing online. Interesting in seeing what members feel about it. I haven’t noticed it on any forums recently, but maybe I missed it.
    I kind of like it but there’s certainly areas of concern.
    Keen to see what you think.
    Attached Files

In my eyes this helmet looks great, a similar one is on the cover of one of the books from Branislav Radovic.

Matt
    Attached Files

Comment

Not one I'd be happy with going by that over contrived camo finish

Comment

Both are fake camos on original helmets. I no longer have the book, as it along with the second volume had lots of fakes in it. It was the 1st 2-volume series of helmet books.
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

W,
          In your opinion are the cover helmet and the thread starter painted by the same hand ?
          o

Comment

O, I don't know. I no longer have the book but most, if not all, of the fakes came from collections in Britain. Don't know the origin of the one on this thread.
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Yep, the Radovic books were loaded with crap and in fact only served to inspire more concocted crap lids.

Robt.

Comment

Robt., the second 2-volume set is much better, because of the collectors involved. I kept that set.
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

W,
                  Funny ,
                  I gave my books away.
                  So bad.

The UK has a hard core whatever you want type of production line thing going on.

Thanks for the reply.

o

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                    I no longer have the book, as it along with the second volume had lots of fakes in it. It was the 1st 2-volume series of helmet books.

Wow, thanks for this note, I have the whole set of his books here, incl. the Dvar book.

Matt

Comment

Matt, the Drvar book is very good. His FJ portrait book has great photos, and there are some great photos in the 2nd set of helmet books.
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by dragnet View Post
                        Not one I'd be happy with going by that over contrived camo finish
                        Yep! That was my concern as well. Problem with an item like this is, you want it to be real in the hope you’ve struck the holy grail. I believe it sold on some obscure auction site several years ago for around $4K.
                        Never liked the Radovic books either. Great glossy photos that inspired many, sadly all fantasy pieces.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X