FJ Helmet, stitching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ Helmet, stitching?

Hi Chaps, seasons greetings. I am new to collecting and would appreciate your views on this helmet & liner (are they genuine?). What concerns my novice eye is the liner stitching, in that it is not as neat/uniform as on genuine examples I have seen online. Also, the the cross stitching where the straps join (last photo), again it is not a neat as other real examples I have seen online.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Genuine, but repaired in some places IMO.

Comment

Aaron, it is certainly original. BUT, it has issues. Certainly taken apart with an added liner assembly. Bolts have been damaged, and it would appear the decal has been removed.

Will respond to your PM later, as I am pressed for time today. That helmet is original, I know the dealer, and it is overpriced for what it is. More later, but don't rush into buying a helmet. They are not rare, prices have dropped, and I recommend buying cautiously. More later....
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Chaps, thanks very much for your replies (point taken), much appreciated. Best regards

Comment

Based on liner inscriptions it was used in one of east European countries after the war. Both names in cyrillic.
          Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Sturm 74 View Post
            Based on liner inscriptions it was used in one of east European countries after the war. Both names in cyrillic.
            The surname is Stefanov but there's written some more abbreviations which I don't know the meaning unfortunately.
            Last edited by Marcel Banziger; 12-29-2019, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X