FJ items in an auction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ items in an auction.

Taking place as I write this is a large auction, in the midwest. While there are plenty of original items in that auction, there are a number of fakes too. Modified uniforms too. Rather disappointing. I would rather not get into details of the auction as they are a rather respected auction house, especially for firearms.

I knew about some of the items for a while. Such as the OBVIOUS fake FJ recruiting posters. Yet they are drawing quite a bit of interest. I just got off the phone with a friend who flew out there for the auction. While both of us were on the computer we ran through some of the lots numbers.

A clearly fake water pattern FJ smock is there. Some other items too. But, these posters..... There are clearly new, made from those portrait photos fodun in Farnce in the early 90s. Jean-Yves Nasse had a number of these great photos in his first work "Green Devils". Worth buying the book just to see them.

Here are some blowups I have of some of those photos. I think 1 or 2 of these were turned into recruiting posters. Let us just hope that whomever buy them doesn't pay too much.
    Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

"rather respected" might be a strong word since the (former?) owner Richard Ellis was recently convicted by the FBI for cheating a collector of of millions on a Colt revolver deal. .

Comment

I know the auction to which you refer, anything at all good FJ? The reason the auction attracted me was the posters. I thought they looked cool but as to originality I had no idea as its not my area. It did get me to look at the auction though.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry Floyd
        I know the auction to which you refer, anything at all good FJ? The reason the auction attracted me was the posters. I thought they looked cool but as to originality I had no idea as its not my area. It did get me to look at the auction though.
        I saw, that very similar posters were for sale on US eBay a while ago.
        Most of the seller came out of east Europe.
        The posters look pretty cool, but JYN gave not his ok for such a reproduction (he wrote that on *** forum....... ops looks like censorship here).

I would not buy any of the posters! Don´t let us help such thiefs to make money with foreign proprietary.
        Last edited by Niedersachsen; 05-04-2005, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Niedersachsen
          I saw that very similar posters were for sale on US eBay a while ago.
          Most of the seller came out of east Europe.
          The posters look pretty cool, but JYN gave not his ok for such a reproduction (he wrote that on *** forum....... ops looks like censorship here).

I would not buy any of the posters! Don´t let us help such thiefs to make money with foreign proprietary.
          Do you think all the posters were fakes including the SS ones?

Comment

Originally posted by nutmeg
            Do you think all the posters were fakes including the SS ones?
            I talked about the FJ pictures/posters. I´ve no clue about SS related items!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X