M36 FJ helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M36 FJ helmet

Though we have seen this one published in two books, and on threads here before, I am happy to announce it has found a new home!

One of the few helmets I regret having passed on in the past. It was found in a barn in Norway only a few years ago. In the Narvik area. Someone from Norway, on one of these forums (perhaps the GD forum), knows the details of its discovery and I am hoping he will get in touch with me to get it documented. It then went to Bill Shea from Norway. Came to me for a few months to study. Was returned to Bill at a Max show so that it could get photographed by Brana for his first two books on helmets. Eric then bought it from Bill and he also put it in his book. Thought it would remain with Eric forever, but was glad to see it was in his hands. He now has decided to apart with it and also wanted to see it in a good home.

As I look at it I can't help but to wonder how many training jumps (and who might have worn it) have been made with this helmet from 1936 to 1940, when it was jumped in again for its last time in Norway. Perhaps with Heer GJ troops.

Upgraded with a M38 liner and straps....perhaps in 1939 as the liner is marked "LBA B 39". A name is scratched into the rear inner flange. Can't read it though. There is also some writing (2 lines ) on the liner, but it was damaged by hungry mice while resting in a barn, so I can't make it out.
    Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Attached Files
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I'm speechless

Comment

Helmet

Wow!

PaulV

Comment

Congratulations Willi. I think we all know how much this helmet means to you and that it is indeed going to a very good home...where it will be revered and cherished for a very long time.

All good things come to those who wait.

Cheers,

Comment

Congrats Willi

Comment

Congratulations Willi, I am happy you have it. I remember before Eric Bought it, Bill had it at a MAX show, you had just returned it to him after photos were taken of it. At that point Bill offered it to me and I came very close to buying it. I too regret it, but I can't think of a better person to own it.

Best,
                John

Comment

Always love to see this beauty. Congrats Willi!

Cheers,
                  Joseph

Comment

Nice one Willi And super rare, Nice to see it found a deserving home.

Glenn
                    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Beautiful helmet Willi!

Comment

Congratulations Willi !

There are many things I regret not buying when I first had the chance. I am really pleased you got a second shot at this one. Very rare indeed .

So what are you selling to make way for it ?

Best wishes,
                        Steve

Comment

Yes, yes! I echo what Steve is asking!
                          Let us know..!
                          Anyway, the classic "cherry over the cake" as we use to say... Best compliments Willi!
                          Daniele

Originally posted by SMP
                          Congratulations Willi !

There are many things I regret not buying when I first had the chance. I am really pleased you got a second shot at this one. Very rare indeed .

So what are you selling to make way for it ?

Best wishes,
                          Steve

Comment

Hey Willi, Beautiful helmet,another gem in your collection!!

Comment

You finally decided to take it. Congratulations

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X