Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter camo interesting picture

hello guys,

I recently bought a nice set of negatives to a kind mate who is also on the forum and i decided to ask my local photographer to print them.

The grouping is a fallschirm-pionier related and in the lot of pictures printed one is really interesting.

I though you would enjoy this picture on which we can clearly see that leather stuff has been painted to match the winter front. At least two 98k have also been painted plus the bolt cover on the right.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Julfrenchie; 10-26-2019, 02:24 PM.

Very Nice and you seldom see 98K's & equipment being painted winter camo but curious as to why they didn't reverse their winter jackets & trousers since they went through the trouble to paint their equipment to match the winter snow conditions. I do believe at least three or four are wearing their jump smocks.

Comment

You're 100% right, we can figure out the jump smocks, i will share more pictures later where we can observ their barracks in civilian houses.

You're also right about the winter jackets and trouser, quite strange they didn't use the white side. I have two more pictures of this group taken in positions, they wear parkas on the same way.

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
      Very Nice and you seldom see 98K's & equipment being painted winter camo but curious as to why they didn't reverse their winter jackets & trousers since they went through the trouble to paint their equipment to match the winter snow conditions. I do believe at least three or four are wearing their jump smocks.
      Attached Files

Comment

Two more pictures of their barracks but probably not in Eastern Front and the guys. One more interesting picture taken in the house where they use to live. All jump smocks have been hooked and guys take some rest.
        Attached Files

Comment

I suspect they kept the white side in when behind the lines to keep the white side clean (and effective in the snow), and only wore the garments white side out at the front.

Comment

Well it makes sense when I saw the second photo of them digging a position. They blend in better in that photo and do not get the white camo side dirty. I also see in the other photos of them in a house/barracks as they would not need white camo. Love them pics. Thank you for sharing them.

Originally posted by Julfrenchie View Post
            You're 100% right, we can figure out the jump smocks, i will share more pictures later where we can observ their barracks in civilian houses.

You're also right about the winter jackets and trouser, quite strange they didn't use the white side. I have two more pictures of this group taken in positions, they wear parkas on the same way.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X