Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 LL Sturmregiment Kreta fighter?

Hi

This nice group of a member of 14./LL Sturmregiment has been auctioned in Ratisbons as the group of a Kreta fighter.

https://www.ratisbons.com/31st-Conte...be87f19b5b79df

It´s a nice group but I don´t think that Willi Wallenborn jumped over Kreta:

- There is no Armelband Kreta document
    - EK2 was given in 1943. This is very strange for me because he was in ostfront in 1941/1942 and won the Luftwaffe Combat Ground Assaul Badge in October of 1942. It would be more usual that Willi won the EK2 in 1942.
    - As he won the KVK2 I think that he could be a driver or a clerk in may of 1941

What do you think? Was Willi Wallenborn a Kreta fighter? Wasn´t he? or impossible to say?

Best regards. Joserra

this is a put together grouping, only the award documents are from Mr Wallenborn, the rest is added by someone to make it more attractive....sorry for that. i sold these documents time s ago.....

Comment

old thread
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=399723

Comment

It´s horrible. I think that Ratisbons should cancel de auction and return the money.

And one explanation it would be necessary too.

Many thanks Oberjaeger for the info

Best regards. Joserra

Comment

Unfortunately I've seen a few groupings that begin life as one thing, but morph over time as people add things to the original grouping. It's just something collectors have to live with. As many have said buy the item, not the story. So as long as the sum of the parts are equal to the value I can live with it. But yes the auction house should either cancel the auction or correct the story. Jim

Comment

Last week W...tze had a Kreta urkunde with name Willi Walle .... but wasn’t « born » at the end. But soon you will see it transformed into Willi Wallenborn and added to that grouping.
            JED

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X