Soldbuch Fallschirm Pionier, Kreta, Cassino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soldbuch Fallschirm Pionier, Kreta, Cassino

I want to introduce my last purchase. Saddly its a Second Issued from the Soldbuch, without Photo and denazificatet, But its as very nice Unit and saw a lot of Action. The Soldbuch comes with Workbook an a little Photoalbum.

Very nice to read are the OU of Ritterkreuzträger Paul Adolff und Ernst Frömming. i think Erwin Merkle got the EK1 for Monte Cassino. Everyone know who is the DK Träger on the Picture?

Had fun with the Pics.

Cheers Dominic
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome Soldbuch

I don't think a "Zweitschrift" is any less desirable, especially when it is the only surviving document of an outstanding war record to a brave man.

The man was severely wounded by gunshot in Sept 1944. He remained hospitalized until Sept 1945!

Last edited by naxos; 09-28-2019, 03:20 PM.

Comment

A really nice lot, this guy saw a lot of actions ! Great catch !

Comment

Hi

Many thanks for showing this nice group of a brave Fallschpionier

Regards

Comment

Great Soldbuch, but saying it "saddly" is a Zweitschrift is poor... you don't know why he was issued an "Ersatz", maybe he lost his first one in action!?
            Whatever the reason may be, it doesn't make his performance any less respectable!

Sometimes people need to be a bit more appreciative...

Comment

Originally posted by matthias_AC View Post
              Great Soldbuch, but saying it "saddly" is a Zweitschrift is poor... you don't know why he was issued an "Ersatz", maybe he lost his first one in action!?
              Whatever the reason may be, it doesn't make his performance any less respectable!

I agree with Matthias

Besides losses - a Soldbuch often, after years of wear and entries, became shabby or full of entries so that a new one was issued by the unit and the old one destroyed.

Leaving the Zweitschrift (second issue) the only surviving document of a soldiers history.

Here is a sample of a Soldbuch that was canceled and a new one (Zweitschrift) was issued. This one survived because the owner kept it for sentimental reasons (bullet hole).

Zweitschrift or not - it's the individual history that makes these documents unique and valuable.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by naxos; 09-28-2019, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by matthias_AC View Post

Thank you for your comments, I have probably used in my choice of words. I also respect the achievements of the soldier, and his experiences, and treasure it.

Cheers Dominic

Comment

Awesome indeed!
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

very nice document, thanks for sharing

Comment

Leaving aside the discussion on the relative merits or otherwise of a 'zweitschrift' ...........

Is that a DK I see pinned to the shirt of the gentleman on the right in the second (tropical) photograph?

A very nice grouping.

N

Comment

very nice SB even as zweitschrift !!!!

Comment

Congrats to tis nice Solduch ! Great so see it !

Comment

Originally posted by Nachrichten View Post
                            Leaving aside the discussion on the relative merits or otherwise of a 'zweitschrift' ...........

Is that a DK I see pinned to the shirt of the gentleman on the right in the second (tropical) photograph?

A very nice grouping.

N
                            Hello yes its a DK Holder, my question is, everyone know who is it. The left Gentleman is the Soldbuch owner.

Cheers Dominic

Comment

Originally posted by sniper_86 View Post
                              Hello yes its a DK Holder, my question is, everyone know who is it. The left Gentleman is the Soldbuch owner.

Cheers Dominic
                              If he is from the same unit, it is one of these men:

German Cross in Gold
                              Behr, Paul, 24.02.1944, Oberfeldwebel, 4./Fsch-Pi.Btl. 1
                              Hirschmann, Ludwig, 24.02.1944, Oberfeldwebel, Fsch-Pi.Btl. 1
                              Schwab, Josef, 24.02.1944, Oberfeldwebel, 2./Fsch-Pi.Btl.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X