Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion about m38 liner pad

hello guys,

I've got this pad from an m38 helmet. I don't know a lot about pads, so i'm asking your opinions about this one. Hope you'll be able to give me some advices with these pictures.

Regards
    Attached Files

hi, I do not know if it is an authentic but in any case it's really very very similar, if it was mounted on a helmet I would say good without hesitation

Comment

It was mounted on an helmet yes

Comment

Originals have a fungicide on them. Very distinct smelling. Does it smell? Also, looking at the pics, the pad looks like it has tan paint on it. If so, that is an older Czech repro.

Comment

Yes it smells a weird smell, hard to describe ..

Comment

Should smell wierd, and feel hard. Appears to be ok.
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Sometimes you can spot microscopic, refractactile (shiny) crystals in the rubber of original liners in this colour, Have a really close look,

Comment

That's a good point Steve, you sometimes see the "sparkle" in photos of the interior of a helmet...so I guess that's why..

Comment

At first glance it looks OK but.....I can't understand why it has black color peacking trought on edges of pad, if rubber is white- it's white inside, if gray - it always gray...so, it looks like painted black rubber ?? Have never seen and sure never will see again in original pads..
                  Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Sturm 74 View Post
                    At first glance it looks OK but.....I can't understand why it has black color peacking trought on edges of pad, if rubber is white- it's white inside, if gray - it always gray...so, it looks like painted black rubber ?? Have never seen and sure never will see again in original pads..
                    .. but the tan painted pad is seen in the Czech made fakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Shaffer View Post
                      .. but the tan painted pad is seen in the Czech made fakes.
                      So, you were right. It's fake .
                      Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Maybe it's just the picture. Wrong light, wrong colors.
                        A picture take with the natural light would help.

Comment

I always thought that the foam had to be tighter. It is something I use to check on liner pad. So I was wrong ?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                            Should smell wierd, and feel hard. Appears to be ok.
                            I agree with Willi. These are the things I look for as well. The color seems okay to me but we know that colors can look different on different computers and photographs are never as good as having in hand. I think it has a good chance of being real.

Cheers,
                            Terry

Comment

Hi guys,

First of all thank you for your comments.

Surely a matter of color, it's a grey not a tan color on it. I've done some more pictures with natural light to be more precise.

Here they are
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X