Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrpass 15. Sturmregiment KIA Crete

Hello together,

at the moment I am researching a Wehrpass of a member of the 15th Company of the Sturmregiment.

He was killed in action on May 25th 1941 and according to the book "Der Blaue Komet" by D. Brehde on this day the Fallschirmjäger have tried to take Hill 105 near Agia Marina which was defended by New Zealanders.

Have you ever heard about the happenings stated on page 38 (I can translate it in English if needed)?!
    Maybe he was one of the 5 deads of this incident?
    Attached Files

Here is another from killed the same day on the height eastwards Galatas. I think it is Height 105, which is also mentioned in the book "Der Blaue Komet".
    He served with the 13rd Company witch was commanded by Leutnant Nitzschke. He also signed here.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello mate, that's a nice item ! Maybe the name and surname of the soldier will help. Please could you provide it ?

Regards

Comment

His name is Franz Materna.

Comment

Thank you, i found some inormations about him. I let you confirm it's the same soldier.
          I will look at my books and documents to find out more clues. But you were right he probably died on Hill 105, East of Galatas.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi

I think that the members of 13./LL Sturmregiment kia in Höhe 105 were:

Gefreiter Franz Materna
            Obergefreiter Peter Thomas
            Gefreiter Walter Klammt
            Gefreiter Hans Adolf Stoll

Maybe the fith member kia of the IV./LL Sturmregiment Bataillon was Leutnant Wolfgang Albers of 15./ who was killed in Agya Marina

It would be fantastic if you share these Wehrpass with all of us

Thanks

Comment

Yes, that is him. But his KIA date at the Volksbund is wrong. He died on May 25th as you can see in his Wehrpass.
              The others name is Karl Frenzel, served with the 15th LL but died the same day.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X