Pic Of Fj Catpured W/camo Sniper Veil On Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic Of Fj Catpured W/camo Sniper Veil On Helmet

I thought you guys would like to see this. Looks good to me. I think he is selling it. When link comes up scroll down to 16th pic click and see the whole thing. there is a lot of info where,when and what unit took it. that is a great pic. Thanks Mike

http://www.minnesooota.com/mp-2/dex0001.htm#

What a great site...thanks for posting it

Comment

Fj Pic

That got put on hold fast.

Comment

Looks like a SS veil on that FJ helmet. I will pay twice that to the guy who got it. Or even settle for a photocopy. I think many of you know why....
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Cool photo, Looks like he has one a green step in smock that late in the war. Willi I hope you are getting new ideas about a late war para Bastogne display!

Comment

How about that tan and water smock in MP-13. Great late war photos.

Comment

Fj Pic

willi, I found this pretty late at night. I know why he would want it. I went to buy later today after i thought about the ss veil and it was on hold. Now I wish had bought it last night when I found it. As they say you snozy a lose.
              The fj looks like he is trying to figure out the surroundings great pic.

Comment

It´s a great picture. The FJ might most probably belong to the "Kampfgruppe von der Heydte". The caption says that he was captured in the forest near Sourbrodt. This place is close to the Eupen - Malmedy road and Baraque Michel, the area where the Fallschirmjäger were dropped. The date supports this issue: he was captured on 19 December. By that date they were not having a good day out... On the 21st December Von der Heydte broke the survivors up into small groups of 2-3 men aiming to reach the German lines.
                The expression on his face speaks volumes.
                Regards. Óscar

Comment

fj pics

Hi Guys, just a quick question, there are two pics on this site which show fallschirmjager prisoners wearing a smock/coat with a double row of buttons down the front, has anyone any idea what it is? is it the gibergsjager windproof coat? (pic 18 + 85)

cheers,

Paul

Comment

Paul, it does look like the Gebirgs windproof coat. Also, one is seen in a pair of the black coveralls worn by ground support for flight operations.

Comment

Hi All,

Great pics.
                      Are you sure he is not wearing a motorcyclist rubberized coat instead of the wind breaker?
                      Terry Keller
                      "ihr wollt doch auch das Blut vom Degen lecken"
                      Rammstein

Comment

I am confident that the jackets are not rubberized motoring coats. Although it would appear in the second photo (85), that motorcycle gauntlets are being worn.

Comment

Looks like I have discovered who bought that photo......
                          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

And...

Will it soon be yours?

Comment

The photo MP-52 is a nice Heer M44 photo with late war tabs but with a mid war eagle... Anybody identify the patch on his left sleeve?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X