Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare blue medic backpack with full original content

Hi guys,

I would like to show you my rare blue medic backpack with its all content. It was taken by US soldier in Germany and brought back to USA, then it was sold to Canada and recently from Canada to me to the Czech republic

There is no visible marking on the back because of used condition, but imo it is middle war piece around 1940-1942. Content is mostly from 1941 or 1942. There are a lot of small and big bandages, 2x wound tag booklet, 2x tourniquet, medicine boxes (unfortunatelly empty because of custom office restriction about medicines), 4 x triangle medical arm splint etc. Except these things were in the medic backpack some papers and on those papers is name of the medic soldier Uffz. Hartmann and feldpostnummer 38 736D. By this feldpostnummer I found this medic backpack belonged to the medic soldier from Gebirgs-Jäger-Regiment 136 from 3. Kompanie.

It was very surprising for me when i found this information out. Because we know that part of Gebirgs-Jäger-Regiment 136 were parachute trained and jumped in Norway in 1940. Was this soldier Hartmann from 3. Kompanie included in this special FJ training? Who knows....

I would like to know more about this regiment or owner of this medic backpack, so I will apprecite any info about this Gebirgs-Jäger-Regiment 136 or even about Uffz. Hartmann ;-)

Here more interesting info about Gebirgs-Jäger-Regiment 136 what I found:

GJR136 was raised on 1 August 1938 from the Tyrol Jäger-Regiment of the Austrian Army in Innsbruck. The III. Bataillon was raised in Landeck, the II. Bataillon didn't exist. The Regiment was put under the 2. Gebirgs-Division. The II.Bataillon / Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 140 was then put under GJR136 as its II. Bataillon and renamed it to II.Bataillon / Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 136 on 1 April 1940. The training unit was the I. Bataillon of the Gebirgsjäger-Ersatz-Regiment 136, the later then renamed as Reserve-Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 136. The 2. Gebirgs-Division itself saw action in Poland in September 1939, followed by Norway from early 1940 until December 1941. Only elements of GJR136 were involved in the Norwegian campaign, noticeably about two company's worth were parachute trained and jumped (one company each), on the airfield of Bardufoss and the town of Tromsø, just after the Norwegian capitulation in June 1940. These still classified as operational jumps and those involved received the parachute badge. From the summer of 1940 until June 1941 the regiment, along with the rest of Gebirgskorps Norwegen, were on garrison duties in Northern Norway. The entire Corps crossed the Finnish\Norwegian border on the 22 june 1941 and a week later crossed into the Soviet union with the aim of reaching Murmansk. That never happened, and by the autumn of 1941 both sides settled down to three years of static warfare about 30-40km short of Murmansk. On the 7 October 1944 the Soviets launched a massive assault against what was now called the XIX. Gebirgskorps made up of the 2. and 6. Gebirgs-Division plus some smaller units. This offensive pushed the Germans into Norway over a period of three weeks until both sides broke contact 100 miles or so inside Norway. The 2. Gebirgs-Division was then withdrawn to the continent where it fought out the remainder of the war. At the end of the war, the regiment was deployed in the Saarpfalz. The Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 136 was a part of 2. Gebirgs-Division throughout the war. The Regiment had one Ritterkreuzträger (Knight's Cross holder): Hauptmann Otto Stampfer, who won the award on 23 July 1942, while serving in the III. Bataillon of the GJR136. In addition to Stampfer's Ritterkreuz, the regiment had eight Deutsches Kreuz in Gold holders and one Ehrenblattspange holder.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

[ATTACH]4425525[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4425526[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4425527[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4425528[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]4425529[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4425530[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4425531[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4425532[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]4425533[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4425534[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4425535[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4425536[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]4425537[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4425538[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4425539[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4425540[/ATTACH]

Comment

thank you for sharing !

Comment

Full is really full.....
              very nice find .

Comment

Can you post photos of the splints and tourniquets?

JL

Comment

Originally posted by clint-magnum View Post
                  Full is really full.....
                  very nice find .
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Wow I like it very much.

Ysto

Comment

i like ,very good pouces vers le haut

iThanks for sharing.

Comment

Very nice medic tornister
                        They don't come so complete very often,mostly empty....and without the cross
                        Congrats Jiri

Comment

Thank you guys ;-)

Comment

That’s a stunning pack and contents - a real time capsule!

Michael

Comment

Hello,
                              nice medic tornister, congrats
                              Best regards.
                              Patrick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X