My first FJ Helmet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first FJ Helmet...

Well, I finally "pulled the trigger" and got my first Paratrooper helmet! One thing is for sure, they can't fake age or true use. According to the fellow that I got it from, it spent the past many years in the Vet's basement...that looks to be true because there is a fair amount of surface rust and bleed through, but over all it is rather sound. The liner chafing is not as bad as the picture makes it look, but there is a lot of honest ware through out. In person, the decal is a bit more toned and not as white looking. I'm right happy with it...

Skip
    Attached Files

Interior...

The chin strap is all there and in pretty good shape...
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice honest, original helmet Skip. Congratulations.

Thanks for sharing it.

Eric

Comment

A really nice untouched helmet! Congrats Skip! No matter how good the repros are, they lack the "look" of a helmet like this.

Willi
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Great helmet ! The fake market preys on first-time buyers, but in this case you have managed to find a 100 % genuine helmet. Congratulations !

Regards
          Steve.

Comment

Good job Skip! A very fine example.

Congrats.!
            John
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Very nice one!

Comment

You lucky bloke, you! It really is a pleasure to see stuff that speaks for itself, that doesn't have to be defended or rationalised.

Prosper

Comment

Skip, Ask the Vet how he got this helmet and share it with us. What an awsome find for you. S Short

Comment

Thanks for the kind words...

Well, I appreciate everyone's kind comments. I'm very happy to add this gem to my humble collection...It's been hard to find one that I could afford and feel good about.

As to asking the Vet where he got it, I can't do that...I got the helmet indirectly from the fellow who purchased it from the Vet and that story, like so many, is lost to time.

Thanks again to all who commented! Skip

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X