Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallschirmjager Helmet Cover ? Helps needed

Hello,
    need help with this piece. It is original attic find, but only thing it looks like, is FJ helmet cover- from big distance, but I never see modification like this, or maybe it is for quite another item ?...Thanks all for help. Besides photos are from mobile phone so they are not so good
    Attached Files

Hello,
    need help with this piece. It is original roof find, but only think it looks like is FJ helmet cover, from big distance, but I never see modification like this...Thanks all for help. Besides photos are from so mobile phone so they are not so good
    Attached Files

Comment

Thats a washing bowl, they came in all kind of materials. I post some pics later.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
        Thats a washing bowl, they came in all kind of materials. I post some pics later.
        Check here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...highlight=bowl

Comment

Thanks very interesting !!

Comment

Probably the rare sniper model wash basin!🙄 these were discontinued because so many could be not be found once they were put into the ground shallow depression for use🤭
            I have a tropical version that I got from a veterans (German) estate about 40 years ago and most collectors and dealers that I showed it to back in that timeframe first thought it was a FJ cover. They looked at me blankly when I told them what it really was! Times have changed thanks to the inter web and reference books.

I don’t think that these are much more common than FJ covers and maybe even much more scarce but they certainly don’t command the same level of interest and coin.

Comment

Thanks and I see I m not only one who think then it is FJ piece But good to know that it is big suprise to me then something like that even exist...first time I see it. And yes price will me 1/20 in compare with FJ cover But true is I have no idea about price for this piece...

Comment

Originally posted by Aries22 View Post
                Thanks and I see I m not only one who think then it is FJ piece But good to know that it is big suprise to me then something like that even exist...first time I see it. And yes price will me 1/20 in compare with FJ cover But true is I have no idea about price for this piece...
                Very intersting and educational. I often go to my local camping store and see wash basins made of pliable water-proof materials. Very convenient when hiking and/or camping. Makes perfect sense that versions of this would exist for soldiers that are "in the field".
                When you go home
                Tell them for us and say
                For your tomorrow
                We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
                Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X