Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very special item

Hi gents,
    my 10 years on this great forum ...it is a good opportunity to show this special and rare piece of the FJ uniform.
    Hope you guys like this early trial model
    Enjoy !
    Gustav
    Attached Files

Very special Gustav! Earliest pair known, and named as well.

They have found a great home....
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Congrats Gustav, exeptional condition of incredible rare trousers .
      Any markings ?
      Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

So the gravity knife pocket had 3 snaps rather than 2 on the regular pair? What else made these trousers unique?

Comment

Sorry but I cannot directly share my Joy with you all , because :
          Studs at the rear pocket ??
          I always thought it was a fantasy for fake trousers.....
          what is now true ?

Comment

Wonderful piece Gustav

Comment

Originally posted by clint-magnum View Post
              Sorry but I cannot directly share my Joy with you all , because :
              Studs at the rear pocket ??
              I always thought it was a fantasy for fake trousers.....
              what is now true ?
              Roger,yes....the prym snap is on the rear pocket...this is now true
              There are some more differencies between this trial model and later models.
              It is the only known pair of these trial FJ pants sofar so no wonder that even some info about them in the books are incorrect

Comment

Originally posted by Sturm 74 View Post
                Congrats Gustav, exeptional condition of incredible rare trousers .
                Any markings ?
                Hi Sergey...thank you.
                They are well marked,made by Heisler,with the LBA 36 stamp.There is also slightly visible stamp of Fallschirmjaeger Regiment.? and 1. Schuelerkomp. stamp too...
                They are named ,according to the info I have,the owner jumped in Narvik with the GBJ regiment...

Comment

"I. Schülerkompanie" was founded in Stendal in 1936, and later became "1. Schülerkompanie", but I am not sure when. Obviously FJR1 was created in the spring of 1938, so these trousers are exceptionally fascinating and unique.

Likely to have been taken from the school (like helmets and smocks) and given to the GBJs for the Narvik campaign. Perhaps the veteran took them home and never wore them again, which would explain how they survived, and in that condition.
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Very nice early piece !
                    Interesting are the Snaps on the back pockets and the 3 Snaps on the Knife pocket !
                    Congratulations ...
                    Nick

Comment

Very rare ! Congrats !

First original pair I've seen

Comment

a dream ...

congratulations Gustav !

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                          "I. Schülerkompanie" was founded in Stendal in 1936, and later became "1. Schülerkompanie", but I am not sure when. Obviously FJR1 was created in the spring of 1938, so these trousers are exceptionally fascinating and unique.

Likely to have been taken from the school (like helmets and smocks) and given to the GBJs for the Narvik campaign. Perhaps the veteran took them home and never wore them again, which would explain how they survived, and in that condition.
                          My theory as well Willy.They simply took everything available at the moment they needed to supply the unit to be sent to Narvik very fast.Interesting is that the pants are made by Heisler as almost all early FJ items.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Top very rare and very nice piece you have Gustav. It looks you won a Jackpot

Comment

School version sounds very legit . Based on condition I'd say they worn but not too much..This pair will fit well on mannequin with m36 smock just need to add right helmet 😎 don't forget share photos
                              Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X